What tools can I use to create my own escape games?
Here is a non-exhaustive list of tools you can use to create your own escape games, from the puzzle ideas to the visuals:
- Genially (an online platform to create digital interactive content – free and paying versions)
- Canva (an online graphic design tool to create appealing visuals – free and paying versions)
- Escape Team (an online mission editor to create your own escape game quickly)
- Serious Escape Cards (a website that allows you to create an online escape card game – need to create an account – only available in French)
- Interacty (an online platforme to create digital interactive content – free and paying versions)
- Interacty provides different kinds of templates for different types of games (e.g. treasure hunts, trivia, etc.).
- Fake You (an AI tool that converts text to famous voices and animates faces – free and paying versions)
- TTSMAKER (an online free text to speech tool – no need to create an account)
- Animaker (a platform for beginners, amateurs and professionals to create animation and live action videos – free and paying versions)
- Roomstyler (an online 3D room planning tool – need to create an account)
- Useful tool to create a room layout for your escape game.
- Pixabay (a royalty-free stock media website – no need to create an account)
- On Pixabay, you can find photos, illustrations, music and sound effect to help you set the atmosphere of your escape game.
- Freepik (an online image bank website – free and paying versions)
- Mal-den-code.de (an online tool to create incomplete QR codes – no need to create an account – only available in German and French)
- Adobe Express QR Code Generator (an online tool that allows you to create and personalise QR codes from URLs – free)
- Picture Dot to Dot Designer (an online tool to create your own connect the dots game from scratch or from an image – no need to create an account)
- How to make a cryptex
The Save&Game project is co-financed by the ERASMUS+ program of the European Union, and will be implemented from January 2023 to January 2024. This website and the project content reflects the views of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
(Project code: 2022-3-HR01-KA210-YOU-000097125)